Following are key points taken from FOMC meeting, as discussed between voting members
- Rates leave unchanged
- Decision was unanimous approved
- Taper continue – buying bond by another $10bil to $45bil per month
- Economy picked up, after having slowed sharply during the winter
- Consumer demand rising more quickly
- Labor market indicators mixed but on balance show further improvement
After the meeting, USD/JPY slumped to toward support at 102 but finally pick up and consolidated around 102.20; AUDUSD moved up to test 0.93 and expected to break this level soon; Gold could break up the range 1285-1298.
Market expected to trade within small range to wait for Non-farm payroll report this Friday.